ShareNet Ministries is a not-for-profit healthcare sharing ministry that facilitates member-to-member cost-sharing.
- Members pay a set Monthly Share Amount based on age, household size, and the Annual Unshared Amount that they have selected.
- These Monthly Share Amounts are collected and used to pay the medical bills of members, as well as to build and maintain medical reserves that are held in each member’s Share Account.
- We find that it is most efficient for medical providers to submit bills for their services electronically through EDI and to the Payor ID on the back of the member’s card.
- This allows ShareNet to process and adjudicate medical bills for eligibility per the Program Guidelines quickly.
- Once processed, ShareNet members share funds from their Share Accounts to pay each other’s medical bills.
- At this point, ShareNet remits payment electronically to providers, less any Member Responsibility Amounts (i.e., Deductibles, Co-Pays, or Co-Shares) and furnishes the provider with an EOP (Explanation of Payment) detailing the amount(s) paid.
How ShareNet Works
Each month ShareNet matches members' Monthly Shares with other members’ eligible medical expenses per our Member Guidelines. Then, ShareNet coordinates payment to the provider.
Members or providers are required to pre-notify ShareNet for any of the following treatments to be eligible for sharing:
- Cancer Treatment.
- Non- Emergency Cardiac Procedures, e.g., heart ablation, angioplasty, and cardiac catheterization, etc.
- Inpatient/outpatient surgery.
- Non-emergency hospital/facility admission.
- Organ/Tissue Transplant Services.
Providers pre-notify by calling (877) 997-4273.
Pre-notification of medical bills does not guarantee eligibility or sharing. Pre-notification enables ShareNet to inform the member about provider options and potential incentives available.
If a member or their provider does not pre-notify ShareNet the member may be subject to an additional AUA of $1,000 for the illness or event.
When receiving medical care from a provider, members are required to pay the following fees to the provider:
- $0 for virtual visits with ShareNet's telemedicine partner. (accessed through the ShareNet Member Center)
- $20 for primary care.
- $50 for specialists.
- $75 for urgent care and outpatient treatment.
- $150 for emergency room or inpatient hospitalization.
- $75 for diagnostic testing and imaging. (EKG, X-ray, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, etc.)
- $3000 for maternity.
How To Submit Medical Bills
Providers can file EDI: Payer ID SHN100
Mail Paper HCFAs or UBs:
PO Box 2659
Farmington Hills, MI 48333