Members of ShareNet must agree to the Statement of Beliefs
As a condition of membership in ShareNet, I attest to the following beliefs:
- I believe that the first and greatest command is to “love God with all my soul and with all my mind” (Deuteronomy 6:4–5, Matthew 22:37, Luke 10:27).
- I believe that the second greatest command is to “love my neighbor as myself” (Leviticus 19:18, Mathew 22:38 Luke 10:27)
- I believe that the teachings of Luke 10: 27 – 37 instructs me to “love my neighbor” regardless of race, religion, or creed.
- I believe that I am instructed to share my neighbor’s burdens in Galatians 6:2: “Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
- I believe that the voluntary sharing of medical expenses by members under ShareNet’s guidelines—which I understand is not insurance—exemplifies the precept outlined in Luke 10:8-9 that “[w]hatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘[t]he kingdom of God has come to you.”
- I believe ShareNet members have the right to direct their own health care, free from government dictates, restraints, or oversight, and I want to be part of a health share community whose mission is to assist members through their personal health care challenges through voluntary sharing of expenses.
- I believe that the United States Constitution guarantees my fundamental right to associate in the lawful exercise and expression of my faith through the sharing of healthcare expenses with my neighbors.
- This Statement of Shared Beliefs does not exhaust the extent of my faith and beliefs. My beliefs and the expression of my faith is inspired by the Bible, the word of God, and speaks final authority concerning truth and the proper conduct of mankind.